Page Up Ep #15: Flap Copy Master ClassJuly 14, 2015
Most book descriptions suck! Why? Because authors and not marketers are writing them. You need to take off your author hat and put on your marketer hat before you write your book description or flap copy. This is a specialized skill and requires a lot of attention to nail these 250 or so words.
Listen To The Show:
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why we call book descriptions “flap copy” and why it matters
- The effect the Internet and search engine optimization has had on book descriptions
- The one teeny tiny element that’s missing from almost all book copy that could double or triple your sales.
- How to get your credibility across in your book description without sounding arrogant
- Why other authors can be the key to a successful book description and how to find the right ones
Full Episode Transcript: