The Real Reason You Aren’t WritingMarch 20, 2014
- I don’t know where to start.
- I’m waiting for inspiration.
- I’m worried my writing style isn’t entertaining enough.
- Having the dream of being a writer is better than making it a reality.
- I’ll be seen as a hack.
- Everything I have to say has been said.
- I’m opening myself up to criticism.
- My mother isn’t going to like what I have to say.
- I’m afraid of being exposed.
- Who am I to write a book?
All seemingly good reasons, which I’ve heard echoed by client after client and in workshop after workshop — and all LIES.
There is only one reason you aren’t writing:
YOU HAVE NOT CHOSEN TO MAKE WRITING A PRIORITY.
And that’s fine – but you might as well own it.
It reminds me of what Brooke Castillo says about why people are overweight:
“YOU ARE EATING MORE FOOD THAN YOUR BODY REQUIRES FOR FUEL.”
That’s it. That’s the truth. Good to know.
Now….. Ready to make a difference with your message?
There is still time to join the Coaches Book Circle for just $27 a month. When you do, you get: 2 monthly group coaching calls, half price coaching with me, support to make your writing dreams come true.
Or you can keep pretending those excuses count as reasons not to share your message with the world.
Your choice. But I know what I want for you.