When Baby Squirrels Get in the WaySeptember 4, 2014
You don’t have enough time to write your book. I totally get it. You have to juggle the work that pays your bills, the work that fills your heart, friends in crisis, house-disasters, school field trips… you name it. And as much as you want to write. As much as you feel CALLED to write… somehow you can’t get it done.
Sign up for my latest free teleseminar to find out how to overcome that block once and for all: http://septemberbooks.eventbrite.com.
Here are some of the obstacles my 10 newest authors had to overcome to get their books done:
- We found a total of four baby squirrels in my tackroom, obviously orphaned/abandoned, but the nearest wildlife center where they could be properly cared for is an hour away. Needless to say, that chewed up most of the day.
- 5 days before deadline: sick dog in hospital. 5 days in bed with flu and Mac crashed the night before deadline!
- When I get into the flow I am focused and don’t hear or see anything going on around me. This felt like benign neglect to both my children and husband who would then go into overdrive to try and get my attention.
- Mom fell 4th of July weekend and we went to ER to have her checked out.
- I had 12 neighborhood kids in and out, a construction crew building a room addition and painting our house and a 3 week mystery illness that had me bedridden, so yes, craziness, and I thought it would be easier in the summer when I didn’t have to focus on homeschooling.
- Teenagers who started saying: you never have time for us.
- I traveled a couple of times and I’ve got my medical condition to deal with every day.
- I was putting my house on the market, and got sucked into very full-time general contracting!
Life did not stop for these authors – and yet they wrote their books in just 3 months… 3 months where they were traveling, dealing with home renovations and baby squirrels. They had neglected spouses and kids. family emergencies, and serious medical conditions… and they got their books done.
What was different for them?
Why do you get derailed when they didn’t?
Whether you want to write a book or a webpage or a blog post – if you aren’t happy with the way you manage your time when it comes to your writing life, you have to come to my webinar on Friday September 12th at 12:30pm ET.
If you come live, you can ask the authors questions – but even if you can’t attend, just by registering you will get the recording and some other great surprises.
If These 10 Authors Can Get Their Books Done in 3 Months,
You Can Do It Too!
Life does not have to stop for you to write your book THIS YEAR!!
Register today and find out the secret to getting your book done even if you are facing a baby squirrel infestation: http://septemberbooks.eventbrite.com
P.S. If you register and listen to the call I promise you will learn the secret to overcoming procrastination, writer’s block and the other things that stop you from getting the writing done that you want. If you don’t, I’ll give you a free one-on-one strategy session so we can figure it out together once-and-for all!