by Angela Lauria September 17, 2014
I owe you a serious apology.
I just finished up one of my “Your Delicious Book” programs. This is where we take folks from wanting to write a book to having a bestseller in just 3 months and while my clients appeared to be very grateful, learning stuff like:
- How to guarantee they’d finish their book this time
- How to make—and guard—the time they needed to write (Hint: Specifically identifying exactly how much time you need is key to being able to guard the time. If you had no idea how long your work out was going to be would you ever be able to go to the gym?)
- How to pick the right categories and keywords to ensure their book would be found by their ideal reader
- How to make sure their book would have the best cover to lure prospective readers
- How to come up with perfect blockbuster title for their book
- And much much more
I realized I have left the rest of you out of the action. I’ve been so focused on getting their books done, that we haven’t been talking much about your book…. About your dream.
I got called on this by a stranger on Facebook yesterday and it was pretty painful for me, because while a lot of her complaints said more about her than they did about me, she was right about one thing and it stuck in my craw. There are more people I can be helping to get their message out. There are more risks I can be taking and more ways I can be of service.
She accused of me playing small. And she was right.
In my joy of sharing our 10 latest authors and their amazing success with their books – I totally forgot about helping everyone else. I presumed everyone would be off madly applying the success our most recent authors had to their own life! Duh? You guys might have one or two other things going on?!!
So, good news. I am putting the focus back on you this week.
It’s time to kick Some Inner Author Ass.
I’m going to give you some of my most valueable trade secrets this week. I will force you to look at the real reason you have been putting off writing a book and I’m going to teach you exactly how to get it done – guarenteed! – even if you don’t work with me. Yup. It’s time to bring out the teacher in me that expects you do your homework but is also willing to help you every step of the way.
Obviously, I can’t go as far with you over email as I would like so I’m also going to throw in a free class and I’ll stay on the line after the call until every question is answered, but here’s the catch. You will only be invited to the class if you turn in your homework.
Block off Monday 9/22 at 12:30pm ET if you are serious about writing a book that makes a difference.
On this call I am going to do what my FB critic suggested I do – put my money where my mouth is and teach people how to make a difference with their book even at no charge. I’m bringing my A game to this call and there is no question I won’t answer.
So if you want my personal help to write a book that makes a differences and helps you make the impact in the world you were born to make, then let’s get started. Dust off the keys on your computer, let’s get to work, and finally let’s actually put this into action!
Here’s your first homework assignment:
Take an Honest Inventory
- How many books have you thought about or started and no finished? Send me the list of every book idea you can remember and make notes if you have actually written pages or an outline or taken any other action on that idea.
- How many books or programs have you purchased in your quest to become an author? List the books on writing you have bought, the workshops you have attended, the writing classes you have taken. Next to each class note whether you finished the book or class and include the cost as best as you can remember. (You don’t have to share that part with me if you aren’t comfortable.)
- Look through your lists – if you had finished any of the books you started – how could your life be different today? What have you lost by not finishing a book sooner? [Note: if you have never started writing a book or never taken a class on writing, just answer this question. If you wrote a best selling book 18 months ago, how could you life be different today?]
When you are done, send this to me at [email protected]
I’m going to send you a little more homework before Monday and if you know anyone who wants to write a book, please share it with them. I am going to break the seal on the real reason people don’t finish their books and I’m going to give you the secret that took my clients from about 10% finishing their books to over 90%.
P.s. I’m serious about you guys taking action and making a difference with a book you know? I’m going to hit you with serveral extra emails this week because I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to make a difference for you. You can filter or save these for later if you know you aren’t ready to commit to the dream of writing a book right now or heck, if you’re already annoyed about the reminder you need to actually take action then unsuscribe now! I am giving a ton of free help and support this week before I focus all my attention on my next class of students, but I really want to help people who are committed to writing a book that changes people’s lives. If that’s not you – that’s cool.
Will You Create Your Winning Book?
Write your success story—watch our writing skills webinar!
By opting in, you’re joining our vibrant community! Expect 2-3 weekly newsletters packed with curated content, exclusive updates, and valuable insights to fuel your journey. Welcome to the conversation!