Inclusive leaders can prevent toxic work environments.
When you run an amazing company that is making the world a better place, one of the last things you want to hear is that an employee feels harassed or discriminated against. But statistics show that harassment and discrimination occur at very high rates, and good companies are not immune. Many business owners with scaling companies worry they might lose good employees or even face lawsuits because of discrimination, but they’re not ready to hire a full Human Resources Department.
In The Inclusive Leader’s Guide to Healthy Workplace Culture, Meredith Holley provides everything a business owner needs to stop and prevent toxic work environments, including:
- Tips to actively diagnose whether a work environment is toxic or healthy
- How to make sure you find out right away if a serious problem exists – without spending all of your time listening to complaint.
- Why investigations alone are not enough to respond to complaints at work
- How to effectively respond to employee issues (without losing good employees)
- Why understanding and navigating the power dynamics of the work environment are key skills for every employee to learn
If workplace cultural problems feel like a test you didn’t know you signed up for, The Inclusive Leader’s Guide to Healthy Workplace Culture is a cheat sheet for acing that test and creating cultural health in your company.